Tourism is an integral part of European economies and educational fields of study throughout Europe focus on the preparation of students for the real work in tourism industry. However, practical ways of preparing the complex tourism product are neglected because of the time schedule of the school curricula and due to lack of activities in the school environment. This project will help the participating students with the development of their abilities to prepare the complex tourism product and realize it in a real environment by sharing it with other the participants as tourists from various foreign countries – the project school partners. It will contribute to better versatility of the students in the tourism labour market.
The main aims of the TRIP project are focused on the entrepreneurial learning - entrepreneurship education, the world cultural heritage, the social inclusion and the 21st-century skills. The participants will improve their awareness of the European cultural and natural heritage based on the visits. The entrepreneurship will be promoted among young people and the participants will implement the social inclusion in practice. They will improve the 21st-century skills such as collaboration and co-operation, communication, critical thinking, information, media and technology skills and, ultimately, life and career skills, leadership, flexibility and social skills. Team work of the students will represent the basis of the project success.
There will be 100 students (14 – 18 years old) participating in the short-term exchanges of pupils and 50 accompanying persons and there will be involved 21 teachers in teachers´ L/T/T activities. The project will involve students from the disadvantaged families, be it single-parent families, low-income families or students with special needs, including the handicapped ones in various forms. The teachers will be selected according to their linguistic, specific and ICT competences and for their certified experiences on similar issues.
Students will guide other students and learn by doing, e.g. a simulation of a TRIP Travel agencythat will result in variety of complex tourism products which will be a good practice for other European schools. Each project partner will prepare the itinerary of the L/T/T for the duration of 5 days. This will include the proposal of workshops, sights, means of travel, costs/budget, time schedule or guiding. The mentioned itinerary will be created with respect to the standard offer of a travel agency aiming at the incoming tourists. The short-term exchanges of groups of pupils will be focused on the most prevalent and the most basic forms of tourism: cultural and sightseeing tourism, sport and adventure tourism, medical and spa tourism, rural and ecological tourism, recreational tourism. The forms of tourism will be presented to the participants by various tourism organizations during workshops. Visits to UNESCO World Heritage Monuments will be also included . It was selected in coherence with the main focus of the EU for the recent time period. Every short-term exchange of groups of pupils will be pointing (besides the main topic) also at the preparation of a tourist guide including: Topographic preparation, Itinerary of a Tour, Planning the Budget, Psychological preparation and Evaluation of a Tour.
Dissemination of the project results and outputs will be arranged by project webpage, social Call 2019 Round 1 KA2 - Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices KA229 - School Exchange Partnerships FormId KA229-9B8F80E8 Deadline (Brussels Time) 21 Mar 2019 12:00:00 EN 4 / 124 networks and channels which will make the student work more visible, attractive and appreciated. The development of tourism and further project impact will be realized with the help of local travel agencies and tourism entities. The overall project output will be a printed TRIP heritage guide of the visited countries including the texts in partner languages with own photos. Promotional videos will be created and offered to the national/regional tourist boards of every project partner. A guide handbook describing various expert topics mentioned above will be a part of outputs. Another part of project activities will be two events Mini-Fair of Tourism and Social Inclusion TRIP which will be organized in every partner country as a form of dissemination on a regional and, if possible, on a national level. The partners will share good pedagogical practices, they will learn how to use the project-based, problem-based and entrepreneurs learning. They will include the world heritage topics in the school curricula. Created project outputs will be useful in geography, history or tourism-related subjects. This material will be also helpful for various tourism organizations. Language teachers and their students will implement the multilingual tourism vocabulary in their lessons.
Students and their teachers will improve essential life skills and the 21st-century skills. The students will learn good manners and how to collaborate with the disadvantaged.
There are 4 main areas we want to include in the project and they are linked to the priorities we have selected.
• In the Entrepreneurial Learning - entrepreneurship education we want o to promote the tourism entrepreneurship among young people creating a simulated student travel agency at each partner school o to learn students to create successful tourism products o to teach students to manage their finances and to plan the budget according to costing. o to help students gain 21st century skills by using the entrepreneurial learning approach o to enhance the school cooperation with a tourism entrepreneurs in local, regional or national level.
• In the area of Social Inclusion we aim o to include participants that suffer from different kinds of disadvantages such as social or economic difficulties, geographical obstacles, educational or health problems and disabilities, o to plan and realize day trip for the disadvantaged people, o to teach students how to behave in public places, to prove kindness, proper social behaviour and respect for all people despite the cultural differences.
• Our aim in the area of Information Technologies is to use ICT to create the results and outputs of the project, o to involve new ICT to promote our project and its results.
• According to the priority of Cultural Heritage we want o to create the tourism products focused on UNESCO World Heritage Sights which comprise cultural but also natural monuments and spots, o to improve the awareness of the participants about the European cultural and natural heritage based on the visits of the most important and the most attractive local and regional tourist highlights. The project outputs will be the real result of participants´ work and all these outputs are linked to main aims of our project and with the priorities we selected..
The project's results will be:
1. Printed guide of the visited countries including the texts in partner languages with own photos.
2. A commercial – advertisement video – created for every hosting country which will be offered to the national tourist board of every project partner.
3. The project web page.
4. The Mini-Fair of Tourism TRIP.
5. Social Inclusion TRIP – the tourism product for the disadvantaged people.
6. Each mobility itinerary for the duration of 5 days.
7. A guide handbook of tourism where various expert topics will be described.
8. The guide or several geography/history-related topics will be implemented in the school curricula.
9. At least six lesson plans per country focused on guide topics or geography/ history topics.
10. The dictionary with basic tourism vocabulary Frist 6 of the results are linked with ICT, promotion of Cultural Heritage and implementation of social inclusion in practice.
The mentioned results and the rest of them meet the requirements to entrepreneurial learning.